people in the news
Glass.net Appoints Levenson as B2B Director
Al Levenson has been appointed as director of business-to-business sales at Glass.net in Walla Walla,
Levenson brings more than 15 years of experience in sales and company development to Glass.net. As an account executive, project manager and sales manager, he’s worked with clients such as WaMu, Starbucks, Microsoft and Intel. He also has served as business development director for a creative staffing agency, FILTER/TALENT.
As the new director of the business-to-business division, Levenson will coordinate sales efforts and will continue to build alliances with auto glass replacement shops
“Al is extremely intelligent, and an innovative thinker,” says Rob Schmidt, president of QualitySmith Inc., parent company of Glass.net. “Al’s leadership has already had a huge impact on the future of our B2B relationships with auto glass shops.”
Guardian Appoints Jaffe as General Counsel
Guardian Industries Corp. has announced the appointment of attorney David Jaffe as its general counsel, responsible for all worldwide legal matters. He also was named secretary of the corporation. Jaffe joined Guardian in 1990 and has held a variety of legal positions over the past 17 years. He previously lived and worked in Luxembourg and served as general counsel of Guardian Europe S.A. and was named associate general counsel for Guardian Industries in 2000. In this role, he has overseen Guardian’s international, merger and acquisition and corporate legal work.
“David is a skilled and experienced lawyer and negotiator who has already made great contributions to Guardian’s growth and we are very pleased to name him as our general counsel,” says executive vice president
Ralph Gerson. “We are confident that he has the leadership abilities to oversee all legal aspects of Guardian’s continued
Jaffe succeeds Robert Gorlin, who has served as general counsel for more than 18 years, and remains a vice president and senior advisor.
Glass Doctor® Honors Annual Award Winners
The Waco, Texas-based Glass Doctor announced its outstanding franchise owners and franchise team members for 2006 during the company’s 2007 Annual Conference held June 25-27 in Atlanta. “We are proud to have such excellent franchisees and franchise team members representing Glass Doctor,” says Mark Dawson, president of Glass Doctor. “It is a pleasure to recognize these talented professionals for their hard work and dedication. They exemplify the values and quality that Glass Doctor strives to achieve with every service
Those recognized were as follows:
- Jim Bernstein, owner of the Glass Doctor of Atlanta franchise based in Norcross, Ga., was named “Franchisee of the
- Mike Evans, owner of the Glass Doctor of Montana franchise based in Bozeman, Mont., was recognized for “Excellence in
- Cary Hooper, owner of the Glass Doctor of Eagle franchise based in Meridian, Id., was presented with the award for “Excellence in
- Holly Nieman, outside sales representative of the Glass Doctor of Central Arkansas franchise based in Hot Springs, Ark., was named “Woman of the
- Susan Whitley, inside sales representative of the Glass Doctor of Odessa franchise, based in Odessa, Texas, was named “Office Professional of the
- Mike Scorzo, owner of the Glass Doctor of Michigan franchise based in Farmington Hills, Mich., was recognized as “Sales Leader of the Year” for populations greater than
- Tom Ashley, owner of the Glass Doctor of Okaloosa and Walton Counties franchise based in Niceville, Fla., was recognized as “Sales Leader of the Year” for populations less than
- Tim Caughenbaugh, owner of the Glass Doctor of Naples franchise based in Naples, Fla., was recognized for market penetration for populations greater than
- Tom Ashley, owner of the Glass Doctor of Okaloosa and Walton Counties franchise based in Niceville, Fla., was recognized for market penetration for populations less than
- Personal Achievement Awards went to Rod Hunter, owner of the
Glass Doctor of Joplin franchise based in Joplin, Mo., Gary
Lalanne, owner of the Glass Doctor of Tulare County based in Porterville, Calif.,
Dan and Lupe Nastansky, owners of the Glass Doctor of Odessa franchise based in Odessa, Texas,
John Vestring, owner of the Glass Doctor of Tulsa franchise based in Tulsa, Okla., and
Bill Whipple, owner of the Glass Doctor of Northwest Arkansas franchise based in Springdale, Ark.
© Copyright 2007 Key Communications Inc. All rights reserved.
No reproduction of any type without expressed written permission.