Volume 11, Issue 7 - September 2010
AAMA/WDMA Industry Review and Forecast Available
The American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) and the Window and Door Manufacturers Association (WDMA) have released a joint updated 2009/2010 AAMA/WDMA U.S. Market Study. The study profiles the U.S. market for both residential and commercial doors and windows, including separate analyses for windows, patio doors, interior doors, exterior doors and commercial products in both new and replacement applications. The U.S. Industry Statistical Review and Forecast of the window, door, skylight and curtainwall market trends and product relationships includes historic data for 2004-2009 in addition to forecast data for 2010 through 2013, based on projections of construction activity.
Sustained growth is likely to occur through 2013 at close to double digit rates as the market looks to slowly return toward long-term averages, according to the study
The downturn in new construction starts also had an impact on the residential door market as unit volume decreased in 2009.
Further and more detailed information on residential and commercial window, door and skylight markets is contained in the 2009/2010 Study of the U.S. Market for Windows, Doors and Skylights (released in May 2010). The full volume of market studies includes this report, as well as the following additional reports that can be ordered separately.
• AAMA/WDMA U.S. Market Studies includes all of the items listed below;
• AAMA/WDMA U.S. Industry Statistical Review and Forecast summarizes residential, non-residential and remodeling trends from government and industry sources;
• AAMA/WDMA U.S. Industry Channel Distribution Report profiles the residential and non-residential market for windows and doors as it flows through the identified distribution channels;
• AAMA/WDMA U.S. Industry Market Size Report quantifies residential and non-residential market volumes, both historic and projected;
• AAMA/WDMA U.S. Market Installation Practices and Procedures Report compiles the results of a special research effort to evaluate installation products and procedures; and
• AAMA/WDMA U.S. Industry Regional Statistical Review and Forecast details information for 11 individual regions.