|Codes & Regulations
Mississippi Senate Passes Bill to Enact Statewide Building Code
The Mississippi Senate passed a bill on February 12 that would enact a statewide commercial building code and encourage further adoption of the state’s residential codes.
Key provisions of SB 2851 as passed by the Senate include:
• Requiring jurisdictions to use the 2003 International Building Code (IBC) and International Residential Code (IRC) if they amend or adopt
• Requiring commercial buildings built after July 1, 2009 to be built to the 2003
• Allowing cities and counties to establish agreements with other state governments or third party providers for purposes of code
• Preventing counties from weakening the codes below that of the 2003 IBC and IRC;
• Insurance discounts for wind mitigation.
The bill is currently under consideration from the House.
Architectural Testing Inc. (ATI) of York, Pa., earned ANSI accreditation for its Code Compliance Research Reports (CCRR) program …
The State of Kentucky adopted the most recent editions of NFPA 1, Uniform Fire Code™ and NFPA 101®, Life Safety Code®. The adoptions became effective September 5.
© Copyright 2007 Key Communications Inc. All rights reserved.
No reproduction of any type without expressed written permission.