Continuing Education Corner
When it comes to fire-rated glazing, architects often have
questions about where, when and why it should be used. Stay in tune with
all the latest happenings in the fire-rated glazing industry and consider
checking out these courses.
Course Title: Designing with Fire Rated Glass
Provider: SAFTI First Learning
Units: 1 AIA LU / 1 HSW Credit
According to providers, this program empowers architects to choose the
correct, code-compliant glazing product for every fire-rated application.
The course provides information on the following:
• Distinguishing between fire-protective and fire resistive glass and
• Interpreting IBC code and fire test requirements;
• Recognizing fire rating listing limitations; and
• Determining the best product value for your budget.
Course Title: Form, Function & Fire Safety: A Clearer
View of Fire-Rated Glass and Framing
Provider: Technical Glass Products Learning
Units: 1 AIA LU / 1 HSW Credit Discussions cover active verses passive
fire-protection systems, as well as fire-rated glazing system testing.
According to the provider, those taking part in this course will:
• Learn what questions to ask to ensure that the proper product is specified
• Gain a better understanding of the different categories of fire-rated
glazing materials, and their role in fire protection;
• Receive current information on how the latest codes and product developments
• Explore new trends in fire-rated glazing and innovative design options;
• Learn ways to incorporate fire-rated glazing systems into an overall
Architects' Guide to Glass & Metal
© 2014 Copyright Key Communications Inc. All rights reserved.
No reproduction of any type without expressed written permission.